I'm certainly not a lady that feels she has to make every last thing from scratch (and don't worry I won't put that pressure on you either), but I do enjoy some homemade granola now and again. I have been looking for a granola recipe for over a year that I really like. I've tried at least 10 recipes, none of which hit the spot. My friend Sydney brought me over a sample of the recipe she uses and I loved it! Thought I'd share!
Sydney's Homemade Granola
- 3 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup of walnuts roughly chopped
- ½ cup of almonds roughly chopped
- ½ cup of pecans roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ cup of real maple syrup
- ½ cup of dried cranberries optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients so everything is coated.
- Spray baking sheet (use one with sides).
- Layer granola evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Cool for 20-30 minutes (until cool to the touch) before storing.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Yields (9) ½ cup servings.