Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Favorite Granola Recipe




I'm certainly not a lady that feels she has to make every last thing from scratch (and don't worry I won't put that pressure on you either), but I do enjoy some homemade granola now and again. I have been looking for a granola recipe for over a year that I really like. I've tried at least 10 recipes, none of which hit the spot. My friend Sydney brought me over a sample of the recipe she uses and I loved it! Thought I'd share!


Sydney's Homemade Granola

Ingredients


  • 3 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
  • ½ cup of walnuts roughly chopped
  • ½ cup of almonds roughly chopped
  • ½ cup of pecans roughly chopped
  • ¼ tsp of cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp of salt
  • ½ cup of real maple syrup
  • ½ cup of dried cranberries optional

    Directions


    • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    • Mix all of the ingredients so everything is coated.
    • Spray baking sheet (use one with sides).
    • Layer granola evenly on baking sheet.
    • Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
    • Cool for 20-30 minutes (until cool to the touch) before storing.
    • Store in an airtight container.
    • Yields (9) ½ cup servings.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment