Saturday, January 23, 2010

Thought from Sarah..

I recently met up with a friend who just went through a very devastating loss. I was so excited to see her, empathize with her, and be God's hug of love to her. Not that I am overly special, but there is just something about us (including me) that is just awesome when we are at a low point in life. It's like we see life more clearly and for what it really is rather than complaining about petty things... like rain, snow, hair that needs to be cut, or a bad day at work. Through this situation God showed me that He, likewise, delights to meet us when we most need Him... when we are in the pit and see that for all we are worth, we are broken, needy people who are awful at planning out our own life.

Sometimes I really dislike being with people who feel like an obligation... there's no desperation or excitement... just obligation. Woohoo =( While thinking about this God showed me that this is sometimes how I see him (when I am most full of myself). I am thankful that he sees beyond my obligation and makes me desperate, needy, and excited to know Him! It is such a blessing... it is what matters! That to say... today I don't want to care about the snow or that my nose is running or that I have a million things to do before we have company over tonight... I want to be desperately in love with Him and open to where He leads me. To take up my cross (whatever that looks like today) and follow!

That's my 5 cents for the day...

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post, Sarah! The first part made me think of this verse:

    2 Corinthians 1:3-5
    Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

    ReplyDelete