Tuesday, May 18, 2010

God's Love

Sarah and I are reading through the bible and we're on our third day. This morning Genesis 3:21 struck me.. "The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them." This was right after they sinned and screwed up, felt shame, and tried to hide from their loving Creator. It's a beautiful picture of how God loves me and treats me when I sin. He's not quick to scald and say, "What are you doing you idiot!".. although there is punishment, pain, and I'm responsible for my sin and sin separates me from a loving relationship (they were driven out of the garden in 3:24). His love and our free choice to follow Him is always there. He "clothes" me with His love and cares for me. Ultimately His kindness leads me to repentance (Romans 2:4). His grace and love drive me today to be holy and live with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment